Babcock International Group
Job Title: Tig Pipe Welder
Location: Rosyth, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £32,937+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Tig Pipe Welder at our Rosyth site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems – T31
The Tig Pipe Welder role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems – T31 business area
Babcock is rapidly establishing itself as an international Naval ship designer and builder. We have built on the success of the UK MoD Type 31 Frigate and have secured contracts for frigate export variants (AH140) with overseas customers. As well as supporting exports of frigates the engineering team is actively working on other ship newbuild and life extension programs around the world, from small fast attack craft all the way up to aircraft carriers.
The difference our new Tig Pipe Welderwill make
As a Tig Pipe Welder you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Installing pipe containment systems, brackets, and hangers for a range of ships systems
Day to day, you’ll help with Pipe fabrication, bending, brazing, and welding to the agreed standards required within a naval environment. Installation of pipe containment systems, brackets and hangers for a range of ships systems. Ships system installation on blocks, units and vessels utilising a range of industry approved flanges and fittings, Installation of various naval standard valve types, penetration management of pipe systems, completing watertight glands and penetrations in accordance with system and ship requirements including Electromagnetic Current (EMC) solutions where required. You’ll carry out inspections, diagnosing problems/faults/leeks, testing, repair and maintenance of various pipe systems, help with pipe flushing and pressure testing where required
and install in line with production output materials such as Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), compartment layouts and detailed dimensional instructions.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
• Pipe manufacture
• Pipe installation
• System configuration and assembly, using industry materials and methods.
• Obtain or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
• First fixing methods (studding)
• Temporary extract systems installation and maintenance
• Installation of care and maintenance, protection materials and methods
• Assist with other trades installation scope where required, being led by suitably qualified experienced persons (SQEP).
• Lead other trades and support functions where required, acting as the SQEP individual, ensuring all work is carried out to efficiently and to the desired standards for both safety and quality.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.