Babcock International Group
Job Title: Resourcing Business Partner
Location: Rosyth, UK – Trade Role – On Site/ White Collar – Hybrid
Compensation: Band C staff – £33,784 – £39,663
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Big shifts begin here
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Resourcing Business Partner at our Rosyth site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Resourcing Business Partner role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems business area, covering sites in Rosyth, Bristol, Plymouth, and Devonport but based principally out of the Rosyth offices.
The difference our new Resourcing Business Partner will make
As a Resourcing Business Partner, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. 2023 will see a major recruitment drive with Babcock in Rosyth having to recruit over 800 people, the majority from a trade or industrial background. This will mainly support the Construction of 5 Type 31 frigates for the Royal Navy, however the role will also cover resourcing for a wide range of projects in Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, Liquified Gas, Naval Vessel support and refurbishment and business support.
Part of this role will also give an opportunity to support Babcock’s recruitment for maintenance of the UK’s state of the art fleet of research vessels including RRS Sir David Attenborough and its famous miniature research sub Boaty McBoatface.
Day to day, you’ll be ensuring our recruitment partner delivers an efficient and effective service and all SLAs are met whilst developing and maintaining a strong relationship between the business and recruitment partners to understand labour market conditions, ensuring the company culture and values as well as our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion are fully embedded and consistently represented throughout the resourcing process.
You will be liaising with operational management to provide advice and guidance (on site meetings) on developing operational resourcing plans appropriate to each departmental need/requirement whilst remaining consistent with overall policy/procedure, work with internal teams to support the delivery of the company’s objectives and strategies by increasing the diversity of new recruits.
You will need to maintain a strong interface with the On-Site Security, Health & Safety Training, and offsite People Centre to ensure the company’s recruitment strategy is delivered, support the Welcome Leads role in improvement of the ‘on-boarding’ process at an ME&S wide level, using IBP (integrated business planning) information to support external partners to develop campaign plans and proactive sourcing to meet demand and Create recruitment related reports and information.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. We fully support a hybrid working model with the opportunity to work from home & site to suit the needs of the business and support required.
• Previous experience in recruitment or account management, either in house or consultancy based.
• in an Engineering or Manufacturing Environment but with a focus on Industrial/Trades roles
• Articulate, effective, and concise communicator with strong influencing skills and ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
• Pro-active, able to work on own initiative with minimal guidance and support
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, change and political situations
• Ability to prioritise work and manage conflicting priorities coupled with effective time management
• Able to work at pace and react to a changing environment.
• Experience of working in a collective agreement/Unionised environment
• High degree of analytical skills
• Strong exposure to Excel software and recruitment databases, ideally success factors but full training will be given
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• 238 hours plus recognised public holidays (25th Dec, 26th Dec, 1st Jan and Good Friday)
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
• Working from home and flexible work patterns
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.