Registered Veterinary Nurse
£29,000- £33,000 pro rata depending on skills and experience,
• Part time (minimum of 18hrs per week) Full time role (40hr per week)
• 1:2 Saturdays
• No OOH duties
• We pay all your professional fees
• Company pension
• 20% off at Pets At Home
Our practice is a growing, small animal clinic looking for a fun, happy, caring and super organised Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team in Dunfermline.
We are an established, RCVS&TP accredited small animal practice located within Pets at Home Dunfermline. Our intimate team are looking for someone to slot right in to our tribe where our patients are priority, our clients’ needs are met and crucially, someone who will fit with our philosophy: We look out for, and after, each other as colleagues needs come first. When we do that, everything else falls into place.
Are you super organised, love a list and great at hitting a deadline?
Do you love anaesthesia and analgesia and want to help us to take it to the next level?
Do you still love being a Veterinary Nurse ‘on the ground’ and thrive on getting stuck in?
Do you hate it when things run behind, but love being the one to get things back on track?
Do you want to provide the highest standards of preventative care to support our clients to ensure their pets remain happy and healthy?
• A clinical interest in preventative care, anaesthesia, analgesia and in-patient care.
• Built good relationships with colleagues and clients alike (even the difficult ones!)
If this is you then our team, our clients and our patients would love for you to come and join us so, please read on.
We are friendly team situated in Dunfermline, just 25 minutes from Edinburgh. We are looking for a happy, fun and super organised Registered Veterinary Nurse looking to support leading our clinical team and help us to continue to provide our patients with the highest level of care. Our practice is purpose built, air conditioned and fully equipped with what we need to do a great job each day, including;
– Digital X-ray
– Dental X-ray & CR7 digital processor
– Pulse Oximetry/Capnograhy
– Blood pressure machines
– Surgical theatre
– Recently upgraded Ultrasonography
– In house biochemistry & haematology
– An expansion plan to create a dedicated dental/imaging suite and a new colleague room for completion early 2023.
Here’s a bit more detail on key aspects of the role
1. You will need to be at the forefront of driving clinical standards, with a key focus of anaesthesia and analgesia.
2. You will need to be competent in all areas of patient prep for surgery, including intubation and placing local blocks (further training can be provided where necessary)
3. You will need to be a Clinical Supervisor/Coach or be willing to train as one to support any SVN’s during placement or permanent employment. You will not be the sole CS/CC.
You will be rewarded with a salary of up to £29k – £33k /annum dependant on experience, 4 weeks holiday + additional bank holiday allocation. This is a full time post of 40 hours per week with a weekend rota of 1:2 Saturdays . As we need you at the top of your game every day you will not be required to do any OOH duties. The details of the rota can be discussed at interview as we have the option to be flexible. We will also pay all your professional fees, a company pension and you’ll get 20% off at Pets At Home too.
If you’ve read this far, like the sound of our practice then please do get in touch. Just send your CV and covering letter explaining exactly why you have applied for this position to [email protected]
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Location: KY11 4LP
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.