£40,000 – £50,000
This position is responsible for technical engineering projects within a group-wide structure. The role includes managing personnel, budgets, and scheduling to deliver a successful, fit for purpose project. You will work to minimize any Health & Safety, Financial or Technical risks associated with a project.
As a project and client lead, you will be a coordinating figure, dealing with stakeholders across all project areas. You will interpret the needs, expectations, and limitations of each and bring them together with the aim of successful project delivery.
Although office-based, you will spend a significant amount of time “on-site” covering multiple projects where required.
Would you like to work for a successful engineering company that specialises in the design, manufacture and support of Automation and Process control systems, providing bespoke solutions and turnkey projects to a range of sectors?
Working within this busy team, you will be responsible for delivering a varied portfolio of projects from initial design, commissioning, and ongoing customer support.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Highly motivated, energetic
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment, Good time management and planning and organisational skills
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making
- Enjoys a Challenge, promotes a can-do attitude, able to solve problems that arise
- Drive to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results
- Strive to provide a superior customer service
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to engage with all stakeholders
Working as a Project Engineer you will:
- Report directly to the Project Manager/Director and work closely with them to continually develop client base.
- Generate and work within a budget allocated for each individual project, maintain a commercial awareness whilst liaising with all stakeholders.
- Competently manage a team of core staff and contractors as part of your overall responsibility for the safe delivery of projects.
- Work closely with the project team and management to ensure the solution provided is technically acceptable and in accordance with the client specifications, current legislation and agreed scope of works.
- Lead the day to day delivery of projects safely and in accordance with programme requirements, project specifications and DPS Group procedures.
- Maintain a good understanding of the project requirements by planning and forecasting, react to any changes that may occur and manage multiple projects through their life cycle.
- Report on project(s) financial and progress status during monthly operational review meetings.
- Develop Quotes & Technical Specifications and work with PD to negotiate with clients and manage contracts
- Work with all departments to create innovative solutions utilising our in house technical resource and specialisms
- Project initiation, Identify and create the Project Team, Kick-Off Meeting
- Schedule and Chair regular Project Progress Meetings
- Liaise with DPS Department Managers to ensure scope, timescales and budgets are understood and managed effectively
- Manage variations and technical queries across all stages of the project
To be successful for the Project Engineer role, we're looking for:
- Degree level education BSc or BEng in Engineering/Science or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical, Control Systems Engineering or Project Management
- Have at least five years' experience in Engineering
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
- Able to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Someone who has carried out the completion of full turnkey projects from design through to commissioning.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be experienced with client-facing.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out more then please contact Matthew Massey at Vantage Consulting on 01785 875 210 or email .
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.