Babcock International Group
Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: Rosyth, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £37,105 – £43,700 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Production Engineer at our Rosyth site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Production Engineer role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems business area
At our site in Rosyth, we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our engineering, specialised manufacturing, gas handling systems and naval marine businesses
The difference our new Production Engineer will make
As a Production Engineer you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Demonstrating the ability to identify and develop production engineering requirements and procedures for set-up, proving and implementing efficient production processes.
Day to day, you’ll liaise with welding engineering services to analyse, plan and implement solutions to create / provide efficient fabrication processes, determine and develop the necessary process specifications for fabrication, pre-heating, NDE, set-up, and dimensional control, which are required as per contract and to facilitate these procedures through to production handover, develop material handling and manipulation requirements to facilitate fabrication and delivery to production, liaise with site Facilities on the design and implementation of factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, assist planning with project plans and budget reporting where required. Develop and implement production performance metrics, to allow analysis for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and train & develop other team members to an appropriate level. Identify Health & Safety requirements for all associated processes.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise. This role will be based onsite at out Rosyth location.
• Skilled in utilising Lean tools and techniques and developing a continuous Improvement culture
• Be able to communicate efficiently as part of an integrated project team, involving stakeholders at all levels, which includes proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
• Be able to gather, analyse and solve problems using recognised problem-solving techniques.
• Experience of working in a heavy manufacturing environment with heavy handling requirements
• Experience of proving and implementing fabrication processes and procedures
• Working knowledge of profile burning, weld preparation and plate rolling processes
• Ideally will have a Degree / HNC qualified in the appropriate fabrication engineering discipline
• •Ideally have formal training in Lean Manufacturing.
• You should hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.