Babcock International Group
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Pipe Welder at our Rosyth site.
As a Pipe Welder/Fabricator, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Pipe Welder role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems business working with the Type31 business area.
You will be joining us at a very busy period with a job book to keep you busy for many years.
Day to day, you will help with pipe fabrication and welding activities to the agreed industry standards required within a MOD Naval Environment. Pipe Systems include Class 1,2 and 3 for NDE requirements. Materials include Carbon, Stainless and Cunifer. You will be working in a Workshop based environment with opportunities to support across the site.
• Manual Handling
• Manual TIG Welding of Cunifer, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
• Pipe alignment and fabrication
• Cutting, prepping and bevelling activities
• Interpreting isometric drawings and systems
• Maintaining Traceability and Quality standards
Essential experience of the Pipe Welder/Fabricator
• First fixing methods (studding)
• Temporary extract systems installation and maintenance
• Installation of care and maintenance, protection materials and methods
• Assist with other trades installation scope where required.
• Lead other trades and support functions where required.
This role is offered on a 37hr contract Monday to Thursday.
Overtime is paid at time and half – we have plenty of overtime available.
Qualifications for the Pipe Welder/Fabricator
• Level 2 or 3 Welding qualification
Please note all applications will be required to complete a TIG Weld test prior to any offers being made.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve UK SC security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.