FWB Park Brown
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 11,500 employees, operating in 26 countries and a Group turnover of €4.9 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global business and play a key role in the development and improvement of one of its critical business units within Scotland – Consumer Products. The Logistics Manager will create, implement and maintain a site logistics strategy that will ensure that inbound and outbound operations effectively support a demanding production environment, whilst doing so efficiently and minimising wastage.
Reporting to the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager, they will be responsible for developing a site warehousing and transport management structure fit for purpose to ensure that Mowi CP has a supply chain that allows them to be agile and responsive to everchanging customer demand.
The complexity of the production operation will require the Logistics Manager to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including Purchasing, Production, Health & Safety, Customer Services and Planning in order to effectively manage stock and the movement of goods throughout the site.
Responsibilities will include;
- Warehouse management and the development of warehouse management systems
- Effective stock and inventory control to support a demanding production environment
- Overall supply chain solution design and development including transportation and the management of all inbound/outbound logistics
- Effectively project management to deliver continual improvement programmes within supply chain
- Adherence and compliance with all site health and safety requirements
- Ongoing development of people and direct accountability for a team of c. 50 warehouse and transport staff
- Responsibility for departmental budgeting and cost management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for an experienced logistics professional who can bring a positive and proactive approach to the business, influencing and challenging those around them as they drive value across the supply chain of a high volume, large-scale site.
The Logistics Manager will possess most of the following;
- Experience within a site logistics position where you have created, implemented and driven a modern logistics operation to support a complex operation
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels of the organisation including Board level
- Evidence of managing and influencing 'soft issues' (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a multi-site environment
- A relevant qualification in Supply Chain e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain (desirable)
- A recognised Project Management accreditation or business improvement certification in LEAN and/or Six Sigma or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of operating in a relevant consumer led business with a preference for FMCG production, with comparable complexity and variety to the MOWI Consumer Products operation in Scotland
- Experience of managing 3PL/4PL logistics contracts and experience of managing warehouse operations is essential
- A working knowledge of supply chain planning, route scheduling and warehouse management systems
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and 'trouble shooting' as required
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.