Manpower Group (UK)
Job Title: Lead Risk Controller
Location: Rosyth, UK – Hybrid Working
Compensation: Band B staff (£39,355 – £45,950)
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF: 50070
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Lead Risk Controller at our Rosyth site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Lead Risk Controller role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems business area
At our site in Rosyth, we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our engineering, specialised manufacturing, gas handling systems and naval marine businesses
The difference our new Lead Risk Controller will make
As a Lead Risk Controller, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. The risk specialist is responsible for process and applications of Risk (Threat & Opportunity) Management across business winning and project delivery phases across P3M while developing and maintaining good practices, processes, and the governance of these.
Day to day, you’ll develop/implement and maintain the project risk (threat & opportunity) management plan, provide risk management support/governance to the business winning phase and project definition/delivery phases, the provision of Risk Management policies/procedures/process and instructions, establish and maintain governance arrangements for Risk Management process through the project lifecycle, the provision of training material/support to all stakeholders involved in Risk Management. You will be responsible for the effective stakeholder management and communications for all aspects of risk management within the project, the establishment and ongoing maintenance of bid/project risk register, and you will update risk information so that it remains current to the project’s current position.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise. This role is Hybrid based with 2 days onsite at Rosyth.
* Project control experience
Experience and Company/Industry Knowledge
* Worked on multiple projects of varying products and services and across several lifecycle phases.
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g., FIDIC/NEC/JCT)
* Ideally a bachelor’s degree in engineering/project/construction management or a related field
* A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body or agreement to attain in 12 months
* APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
* APM Project Risk Management – Level 2
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 23/03/2023
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.