Department for International Development
Do you want to work for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and play a key role in keeping our country safe through caring for the Defence estate and those that depend on it? DIO manages the Defence estate, one of the UK’s largest and most diverse property portfolios, enabling the armed forces and Defence civilians to live, work, train and deploy. From net carbon-zero accommodation to runways for the F35 fighter jets, our outputs are unique in the UK and across the globe!
Learn much more about DIO in our Candidate Information Guide attached.
View our YouTube video to see more about our work
We are seeking a motivated and suitably experienced property and/or project professional, who enjoys working closely within a team, sharing skills, knowledge and successes for the overall portfolio, with a passion to be appropriately stretched and challenged with a wide range of responsibilities.
Are you keen to support Front Line Commands (FLCs) by advising on their estate strategy; undertaking studies, surveys, research and work on a mix of property types and military capabilities, in support of wider DIO and MOD projects and operational objectives?
If so, this is the job for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team within our Estate Strategy – Infrastructure Optimisation (IO) Team and become part of a network of highly skilled and multi-disciplined property experts, delivering subject matter expert advice our customers!
We will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain full membership of a professional body such as RICS, CIOB, RTPI, or RIBA and become members of the Government Property Profession.
• Opportunity to attend Government and industry led CPD events;
• Access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing knowledge and ideas; and
• A comprehensive career framework to support your career journey.
The post may require some travel. Some sites are difficult to access via public transport and therefore, a driving licence would be desirable.
• Monitoring of supplier performance and the production of progress reports for assigned projects.
• Liaison and support to the Programme Manager and Project Delivery Managers on projects within their areas. Undertaking regular analysis and reporting of the programme markers and financial forecasting for projects assigned.
• Supporting Estate change programmes, achieved through understanding Defence outputs and objectives.
• Work to achieve coherence across Defence and estate planning through collaborative working and analysing the dependencies between strategic estate and other initiatives.
• To ensure all estate studies are provided to the right quality, cost and within the specified timeframe.
• Assist with leading on project delivery of estate reports and plans and ensuring integration with overall estate strategies and relevant programmes.
• To support, understand and advise the FLCs on property/infrastructure related requirements and obligations in the development of infrastructure solutions.
• Provide advice on the potential planning, valuation and other project and property management issues that would need to be considered in weighing up estate options and recommending solutions.
• Support the commercial function in the tendering, evaluation of and negotiation of Tenders, Contract Changes and Compensation Events.
• Manage estate data gathering and analysis to inform work with DIO colleagues, customers, and consultants.
• Conduct data analysis outputs to be utilised for future estate planning and delivery activities.
• Responsible for assurance in relation to contracted out delivery of IO outputs and advice.
• Responsible for accurate storage of all relevant data, reports and records.
• Performance management and continuous improvement.
Desirable Experience & Skills
• Experience in project management.
• Experience of strategic surveying planning, estate management, policy issues or programme management.
• Membership or willingness to obtain membership of an appropriate professional body such as RICs, CIOB or CIBA.
• Experience of working in a complex environment.
• Recent construction based/ Military project experience
• UK Driving Licence.
• UK Passport
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Government Property Profession Career Framework – Strategic Asset – Management / Intelligent Client Function – Property Data Management
Highly competitive with an average employer contribution of 27%.
Alternative working practices such as working from home.
Opportunity to join one of our several D&I Networks. We value diversity and are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service.
Enhanced Parental Leave.
Most sites have free car parking, Sports & Social Clubs, Gym, on site shops and subsidised canteens.
To learn more about our full range of benefits, view our Candidate Information Guide attached.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised the department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-Time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
This vacancy is using , and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
Please ensure that at the application and interview stages of the campaign you review the Success Profiles Framework to assist you in the demonstration of your skills and experience.
Your suitability for the role will be assessed using the Success Profile elements that have been chosen for this campaign. Each element will be scored accordingly, and the successful candidate will be appointed on merit.
At application stage you will be assessed against the following:
Delivering at a Pace
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
CV – Full Qualification details and Job History
Personal Statement: Relevant, suitable experience and knowledge to work in a complex infrastructure organisation environment and provide project management support. Experience of Senior Stakeholder Engagement. Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
Technical: Government Property Profession Career Framework.
Strategic Asset – Management / Intelligent Client Function – Property Data Management – Level: Practitioner
At interview you will be assessed against the above.
We want to offer opportunities to all who are successful at interview for our roles, but this isn’t always possible, so we do hold candidates on an active reserve list for 12 months. It is also possible that we may offer similar lower graded role/s to reserve candidates or, if no reserves are appointed, candidates that meet the lower grade criteria in merit order.
Application sifting is scheduled to take placeon week commencing: 06/02/2023
Interviews are currently taking place either MS Teamsor Face to Face and will be conducted week commencing: 13/02/2023
A minimum of 2 full working days’ notice will be provided for interviews. We endeavour to stick to these dates, but these are subject to change around business needs.
To assist with your application please find attached below:
DIO Candidate Information Guide
DIO Candidate Information Guide – Accessible Version
For help and support with your application check out our
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is .
.People working with government assets must complete checks.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
nationals of the Republic of Ireland
nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the
relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish natio
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.