NHS Fife provides essential health care services to the population of Fife. Technology plays a vital role in the delivery of these services. The core infrastructure team helps ensure these services are always available. This is made up of 8 Infrastructure Engineers and 2 Infrastructure Analysts.
This role as a Core Infrastructure Engineer will be an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Professional with an Infrastructure or Platform background.
We are currently recruiting for 2 engineer positions within our infrastructure team on a permanent basis to provide additional expertise, technical excellence, and competence in IT Infrastructure procedures and standards during a busy period of upgrades and implementations, particularly in the Microsoft Server space.
We are looking for individuals who:
• are highly skilled,
• enjoy problem solving,
• have knowledge of Microsoft platforms, SQL, Hypervisor (Hyper-V / VMware), San storage,
• collaborate with other teams and suppliers to deliver new systems,
• are writing documentation,
• are able to work alone, and in a team, to deliver great service to NHS Fife.
The Infrastructure Team deploys, maintenances and supports the Infrastructure and Platforms for NHS Fife estate. It also collaborates with partner organisations on a range of complex technologies providing expert technical skills and advice.
You will assist and support the Infrastructure Manager and Senior Management to ensure that NHS Fife IT maintenance procedures, tools and configurations reflect the latest and best practice for a significant ICT Estate.
What we offer you:
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility.
• Support for professional development.
• A competitive salary and benefits.
• Flexible working hours, this is a full time-post (37.5 hours per week), with participation in an Out of Hours call rota.
• Hybrid working from NHS Fife locations, based in Dunfermline and other sites around Fife and home working.
You must be able to travel throughout Fife regularly and sometimes across Scotland as required.
For informal enquiries please email [email protected] .
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK) or Irish National, you are required to confirm your right to work in your application.
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.