Babcock International Group
Be Where You Matter
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a field service engineer.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Compressed Air Field Service Engineer role is based within Marine Engineering & Systems.
We aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our engineering, specialised manufacturing, gas handling systems and naval marine businesses
As a Field Service Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will work on complex industrial equipment, mostly based at our Clyde and Rosyth sites.
Day to day, you’ll work on creative engineering solutions for compressed air systems. Whether it be a full overhaul of a high pressure system, or a minor mechanic repair, your days will give you a wide array of variety.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is field based however visits to site to acquire parts etc will be required.
• Mechanical Background & Experience
• Experience of working with compressed air systems
• Ideally have worked with ‘oil-free’ compressors
• Full UK Driving Licence essential
• Have or be able to obtain security clearance
What we offer
• Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
• Working from home and flexible work patterns
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.