Job Title: Communications Business Partner
Location: United Kingdom – Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49821
Creating Change Together
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Business Partner within our global Communications team to partner with our Marine business. Working with a number of key clients domestically and internationally, this person will help us to create a safe and secure world, together by supporting the aims of the business through impactful, collaborative and outcome based communications which are owned and delivered by a courageous and curious colleague who is kind to others and to the environment around them.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The Communications Business Partner role is based within our Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) business unit.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, operating from multiple sites around the world. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers.
The difference our new Communications Business Partner will make:
As a Communications Business Partner, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary; liaising with and influencing key stakeholders to identify and shape future opportunities for PR, media and marketing communication initiatives, as well as identifying those that best support an integrated Babcock message.
Day to day, you’ll be leading, advising and delivering Communications activity in support of operational and tactical communications and campaigns with a focus on supporting operational and business development activity.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is predominantly delivered from home but, does require travel; you can expect to travel to our Rosyth site, when required.
• Demonstratable experience in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and establishing both internal and external relationships in a corporate setting.
• The ability to demonstrate the capability to produce and distribute high quality communications materials to a wide audience using a variety of mediums.
• Excellent written, IT and interpersonal skills, be confident creative, independent, patient and flexible with some people management experience.
• Ideally, possess a Degree, HND, HNC (or Diploma) in a Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Journalism/Creative Writing or a related subject.
• Be able to multi-task effectively, to meet deadlines.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
• Pension members – death in service 4 times base salary
• Paternity – 2 full weeks pay
• Maternity & Adoption leave – 20 weeks full pay – 13 weeks SMP
• CSP – Up to 5 years service – 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service – 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus – 52 weeks full pay
• Working from home and flexible work patterns
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Job Segment: CSR, Management
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.