Job Title: Associate Noise and Vibration Engineer
About the role:
QinetiQ operates and manages a variety of measurement facilities (sea ranges) throughout the UK and internationally, for the test and evaluation of acoustic stealth for naval ships and submarines.
Noise and vibration measurements are conducted and the data evaluated by our experts to provide information to our customers to enable them to assess the susceptibility of their platforms to detection by underwater radiated noise.
There is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of engineers and data analysts, including subject matter experts, in delivering critical test and evaluation in the field of vibro-acoustics. You will be an integral part of the Noise and Vibration team, based at QinetiQ Rosyth Aquarius Court, by helping to conduct a diverse range of field measurements as well as performing data analysis, modelling and technical report writing within the office and laboratory.
What will I be doing?
- Function as a Noise and Vibration engineer providing professional advice and guidance to customers on noise and vibration related problems
- Provide technical leadership for noise and vibration projects and provide technical assistance to large scale and high complexity projects
- Apply technical assurance activities to projects
- Promote technical innovation and research related to new technologies and applications within the noise and vibration domain and adjacent areas
- Ensure that all customer requirements are delivered according to the specified quality, cost and time requirements
- Work in compliance with all relevant quality & security requirements
What do I need?
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering, maths, science or related technical subject, or other qualification (HNC, HND or NVQ) with 5 years relevant experience.
- Aptitude and desire to conduct field measurements on naval ships and submarines.
- Aptitude for analytical work and technical report writing.
- IT literate across multiple software packages, including MS Office applications
- Be a single UK passport holder with DV clearances or be prepared to go through Government Vetting
What we offer
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and flexible benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Paid overtime;
- Additional allowance payments when conducting trials of ships and submarines at sea.
- Career development across a diverse International organisation.
- Pension – up to 10.5% annual salary Company contributed. For every 1% pension salary sacrifice, QinetiQ matched with 1.5% (e.g. personal contribution 7%, QinetiQ contribution 10.5% – total pension contribution 17.5% of annual salary).
- 50% off meals at selected restaurants, 40% off cinema tickets, 45% off RAC, 20% off EE, new car discounts and much more.
- Life Insurance.
- Modern and collaborative working environment.
- Flexible Working, Social and family events.
- Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost.
- Childcare or After School Club discounts.
- Up to 5 days additional Annual Leave Purchase.
- Discounted Personal Accident Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance.
- Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering – helping charities and local community.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.